1. When did you start designing patterns and how did it come about?
2. What training do you have or how did you learn?
3. What is the process of designing a new pattern like?
4. What is the hardest part about designing a pattern in pdf form?
5. What is your favorite of your patterns and why?
6. Do you sew for your own family or for sale? What do you prefer more, sewing or pattern design, and why?
I sew for my own family but I also do custom work. I enjoy sewing and pattern making equally, but I do prefer pattern design over custom orders as I it satisfies my creative side more!
7. Have you learned anything from feedback from customers that you would like to share with other designers or wanna-be designers?
8. Best time and place to design?
9. Favorite fabric of all time?
I don't have one favourite that comes to mind, but I am drawn to vivid and bold colours! I have a hard time walking away from Hilco, Stenzo and Jennifer Paganelli fabrics!
10. Favorite thing to do for fun?
Spending time with my family is my favourite activity! Playing with the kids and spending some quality time with the hubby is priceless!
Mira has a new pattern, coming soon, called Lulu. Here's a sneak peak!
Stay tuned for a few more pattern designer interviews to come.......