Sunday, April 17, 2011
IAAT! I am all that?
I have several bloggers who I feel a deep, personal connection with for one reason or another. One is Sew Mental Mama. I love to read her blog because she also sews Ottobre patterns, because she is Irish and so is my husband, and because she, like me, struggles with depression and uses her crafting to help overcome it. I have struggled with depression my whole adult life and crafting really does help! Being able to make things that are beautiful and creative and use both sides of your brain, your creative side as well as your analytical side, is very deeply satisfying to me. I have always loved math and sewing definitely uses one's math skills as well as one's artistic and creative skills.
So, following Sew Mental Mama's blog is deeply satisfying to me. I was, therefore, very happy to see her mention my blog as one her faves! What an honor! She is much more talented than I, so I feel humbled by this honor. And to have her bestow the "I am all that" honor on me is very sweet and also very fun!
So, here we go!
And the rules are...
The recipients of this award are asked to answer the following questions, link to whoever awarded them and then pass it on to five, no six people (who they think will actually be willing to answer these totally intrusive and possibly inappropriate questions). Feel free to snag the badge too!
The questions and my answers:
1) What size shoe do you wear? I wear a women's size 10. I used to be a 9 but after having two kids, my very high arches fell a bit and now a ten is more comfortable. Very large feet, so I never wear pointy shoes!
2) 30's or 60's? I am not sure what this means but I do prefer the fashions of the 1930s more than 1960s. Sexy, bias cut dresses are much more flattering than anything Jackie Kennedy ever wore. And the 1960s hats! They make me laugh!
3) Have you ever kissed someone you shouldn't have? Oh sure, but lucky for me, I have been kissing the right guy since I was 19 years old. Being as we are both 45 this year, that means a lot!
4) Have you ever been poisoned? I got food poisoning once from a Jack n the Box chicken salad. I never eat fast food salads after that!
5) Who's on your "Celebrity Free Pass" list (top 5)? I assume this means my favorite men? I quite like Sew Mental Mama's list. Like her, I love Matthew Macfadyen in Pride and Prejudice but I also love Colin Firth in his version of Mr Darcy. I am quite fond of old James Bond movies with Sean Connery and I also love all the romantic men in Sense and Sensability. For some reason, I find Hugh Grant kind of adorable! Number five would have to be Pierce Brosnan. I even thought he was cute in Mamma Mia (altho his singing was atrocious).
And, to pass along the honor, here are my five bloggers who are "all that" and more:
Pass it along!