Monday, November 16, 2009

The increasing fabric stash




















New fabric arrived at the house this weekend. Yeah! I love pretty fabric. It is like jewelry, only cheaper. I love going to the fabric store or shopping online and looking at all the combos. I have to spend time mixing and matching for a while before I actually buy. At this stage in my sewing, I do try to have a pattern in mind when I shop so I know how much to buy. And then I add a bit, to round it off by a half yard. That way I have extra and can make little things to match or fix mistakes.

First of all, my next project is going to be yo-yos for christmas decorations. I found this McCalls pattern, 6002, and fell in love. I want to make the yo-yo christmas trees and the yo-yo garland. My oldest daughter is going to help me. She is only 6 and a half but this will be a good project to get her help with. I bought the pattern and the Debi Mumm fabric at Joann's Fabrics. With four different patterns to chose from and one yard of each, I think my daughter and I will be able to have some fun with this project.


No comments:

Post a Comment