Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I did it!
























I finally completed both dresses I have been working on for my girls. The first, a McCalls pattern, was meant to be done last spring but I never got it done. Now that I am in a sewing class once a week, I was able to finish it. Here is front and back views. Back has ribbon closure. I don't recall what the material is called but it came from Joann Fabric.



































I also completed this little dress for my two year old. She was so happy to see it she wanted to wear it immediately. This is a pattern from Ottobre Designs issue 4/2006, pattern 10. It was a bit challenging for a beginner like me but I like how it turned out. It still needs the butter yellow velvet ribbon at the empire waist. That material is Robert Kauffman's Cool Cords.











4 comments:

  1. Great job!I LOVE the fabric of second one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so impressed!! looking forward to seeing more projects! :)

    kim (abbysmama)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, your sewing is darned good, but your daughter is absolutely adorable!

    ReplyDelete