Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Sew McCool Ottobre/Euro SewAlong!





You may already know how much I love Ottobre sewing pattern magazines!  For example, you may remember the layette I made a couple of years ago, from Ottobre patterns. Click here to check that out. In the past year, however, I have let my love for Ottobre take a back seat to pattern testing for friends.  Today, I am happy to announce I am helping to host an Ottobre SewAlong, starting next week!   Hosted by Deanna, of the SewMcCool blog, I will be showing you how to trace your patterns and what types of materials you can use for tracing.  Deanna will show you to choose fabrics and sew it up.

But, first, a bit of info.


Ottobre is a pattern magazine from Finland, published in many different languages. There are women's pattern magazines and children's.  Each children's magazine comes with about 30 patterns, in various sizes, from baby size to tween.  The women's magazines have less than that but still a good selection.  I have subscribed to Ottobre for about four years now and I have always been pleased with the patterns.  The great thing about Ottobre is that for about $15-22, depending on exchange rate and where you purchase, you get a large selection of patterns in different sizes. How do they do that? They don't give you pattern pieces to cut out.  They give you a pattern map!  And this is what I will be sharing with you, next Thursday, February 13th.  I will share the pattern map and how to trace and cut out the patterns. 


We’re using the latest Ottobre, 1/2014.  It’s Number 25: Funny Faces. If you have the magazine, you can see it on pages 13-14. The instructions are on page 31. You can buy it in the States from Wooly Thread!


Next Tuesday, Feb. 11, Deanna, of SewMcCool, will talk about the sizing conversions from European sizes (shown in the magazine) to U.S. sizes, as well as conversions for how much fabric to purchase. (For a head’s up – this pattern is suitable for a size 2T to 10.)

On Thursday, Feb. 13, I will teach you how to trace your pattern and what types of supplies to use for tracing.

On the remaining Tuesdays in February and the beginning of March, Deanna’ll show you how to sew up this cute, cute dress.


Please join us! Follow Deanna and I on bloglovin, so you don't miss any posts.




P.S. – If you haven’t sewn with knits before, please check out Deanna's free, downloadable tutorials.




1 comment:

  1. I plan to sew this pattern for my daughter. It will be fun to see how everyone sews up this pattern in the sew-along.

    ReplyDelete