Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Tie Dye Diva Potato Chip Skirt - you can't sew just one




Introducing the Potato Chip Skirt from Tie Dye Diva, all part of the Bundle Up pattern bundle on sale January 23rd thru February 2, 2015. This darling skirt has several options (lined, unlined one side, and reversible) and I was able to test a few of them.  


First up, I made a size 7 skirt for my 7 year old using Robert Kaufman fine wale Cool Cords.  This lightweight cord was perfect for this project. As you can see, I used ric rac on the pockets. The skirt fits perfectly and was very easy to make. It is a slightly A-line skirt with an elastic back waist. 



Next up, I made a reversible option for my 11 year old daughter using

the Peacock Garden collection fabric from Camelot. 
 

I've never made a reversible skirt and this turned out great, I think.  
Here is a modelled shot. More about that doll dress another day.


Here's the other skirt, being modelled by Miss Cutiepie. 
 


After I made these three, I then proceeded to test the dolly version, which includes a top.  Here is Caroline in her Potato Chip skirt and top. Whee! Such a fun pattern!

  

 It's so fun, I took the peasant top and make it longer and it became a dress! 
I added a sash. This is some lovely peacock print fabric I got at Joanns a while back.


You must get this pattern!  Be sure to check out the Bundle Up!


Kathy



7 comments:

  1. Love all of them! Great collection of skirts & fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for testing - you did a fabulous job, I love every single thing you made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always a sheer pleasure to test with you

      Delete
  3. I will definitely do the same when the time comes, I've been really wanting to make some stuff for my future children. I love everything you made they really suits to your daughters.

    Buy Haberdashery Online

    ReplyDelete