Friday, August 8, 2014

The most useful pattern ever



 What is your most useful pattern? The one you use time and again, in endless variations?  For me, it is Jocole's Shoreline tank pattern.  I literally love this pattern!

This is what a classic Shoreline tank looks like.  It is a tank top, made from knit fabric, with ruffles across the front. It can be made for newborns on up to size 14 girls and also comes in women's sizes. And you can make it for your doll.

http://www.jocole.net/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8_13&products_id=64


This pattern is useful because you can make the top with or without the ruffle. You can make the straps from the same fabric or fold over elastic. And you can extend the pattern yourself to make it into a dress of any length. 


And I have made it full length, as well, but apparently I didn't save pictures of that until now.  Today, I made two Shoreline tank night gowns, both full length. Both are for my tween, who loves comfortable and not fussy things. So, for her, this is the perfect summer nightgown.

jocole shoreline tank

This green floral fabric is by Fresh Produce and I got it at Banberry Place Fabrics, my fave store for knits.  It has a bit of stretch, just enough for this pattern.



This red dot is by Riley Blake and I got it from a friend. It is super duper soft and very stretchy, so I made the straps a smidge shorter to account for the stretch. 

These are both size 14.



I have also heard of mamas taking Shoreline tank and cutting it shorter and attaching a skirt, to make a dress. I plan to do this really soon and will definitely share with you all. For now, I have some shoreline tank dress nightgowns to make for my other daughter!

And tell me, please, what is your most useful pattern ever? The one you sew the most?



Note: I love Jodi Jean to bits and we are friends on Facebook but she has never paid me to write one word about her. Everything in this post is 100% my opinion and clicking on any links will not earn me a cent. But, go buy some Jocole patterns anyway!

7 comments:

  1. OOO nice love the pattern, I love the "Nora Dress" I have made several for my daughter, changing colours and sleeves, even made a school dress with a front zipper, so defno my favorite pattern that I fall back on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh fun. I am just discovering Mouse House patterns. Will have to check out Nora.

      Delete
  2. I love the night shirts Kathy! My girls would love those as well. As to my favourite pattern...... I really don't know/ I don't think I'll have a favourite at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you should make some up in gloriously soft Euro knit Ina!

      Delete
  3. I am in love with Simplicity 2444...I think I have made my blog readers sick of it! But I love it. Great nightshirts :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a pretty pattern Annie so I can see why you keep making it!

      Delete