The lovely Ren over at The Inspired Wren just nominated me for the Leibster Award! Thanks so much Ren. But what is the Leibster Award? Well, after much googling, I have discovered it is an award of unknown origin that gets handed out to and from relatively new bloggers. Leibster is german, loosely translating to sweetest, kindest, dearest, or valued. So, it is an honor you pass between newish bloggers as a means of telling them you like their blog! Thanks Ren. That is so kind of you to include me in your list!
There seem to be a variety of rules but here are the rules I have chosen to follow:
Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
Link back to the blogger who awarded you.
Copy & Paste the award to your blog.
Answer the questions I was asked.
Create a new list of questions for my nominees.
Nominate 3-5 blogs to receive the award who have less than 3000 followers.
Inform them of their nomination by leaving comment on their blog.
Ren left me this list of questions:
How frequently do you post on your blog and do you maintain a posting schedule?
I have been blogging for years but lately am committing to posting at least every other day. My girls keep me busy so I hope that every other day commitment will be enough time to run a busy blog that gets lots of attention and allows me time to help them edit slide shows, like "The adventures pink fuzzy bunny." two outtakes of which you can see here.
Do you have a favorite dessert?
I love cake! Particularly chocolate cake with chocolate ganache or salted caramel cake. Here is my birthday cake from last week. It was chocolate with ganache inside and chocolate buttercream frosting with more ganache on top.
If you had to choose just one go-to source for fabric, what would it be?
I would choose one of the local quilt shops, Fourth Corner Quilts, because the ladies are very nice to talk to, they deal in Janome machines (I bought mine from them), the store is very pleasant and comfortable, I enjoy petting the dog when I visit and especially enjoy all the lovely fabric. My favorite is the Kaffe Fasset section! I love to see all the fabric colors and styles in real life, so if I could only have one source, it would be local, not online.
Here's what it looks like when you walk in the door. Gracie says "hello!"
What was/is your favorite creative project of all time (even if it pre-dates your blog)?
My first Ottobre creation, from back in November 2009, is still my favorite thing I have ever made. After working with the big four paper patterns for so many years, it was a thrill to make a pattern from an European pattern magazine. And it turned out darn cute, started my love of Robert Kaufman's Cool Cords, and I still own it. I even "loaned" it to my niece for a while but asked for it back! LOL Now it is in my special things drawer.
What is the proudest moment of your life so far?
Oh I don't think I could name one. I never done one amazing thing that completely outweighs all the others. If I have to pick one, then see that little girl in the cord dress? I birthed her without any drugs and with a midwife. At age 41. I never imagined that would ever happen, ever. It was amazing.
List five random facts about yourself.
1. I don't "believe" in astrology but if you look up the characteristics of a pisces, it will fit me to a tee. I am compassionate, loyal, prone to self-pity and laziness, imaginative, sensitive, and loyal. And I have an extremely difficult time making decisions. In water or out? I can't make up my mind!
2. I hate to eat shellfish or anything that once lived near shore.
3. I lived in Panama as a kid and am not afraid of bugs. Except crane flies which don't scare me but bug me so much I will require someone to get rid of it for me.
4. I hate to cook. I am not good a cooking. I will cook, if pressed, but it will not be the best meal.
5. I used to play tennis, in high school. Varsity. I have not played tennis at all, not even once, since high school. It just upset my elbow too much and I gave it up.
Okay, here are my three nominees!
And here are your questions!
1. What is your least favorite thing about sewing and why?
2. What is hard for you to sew and what is easy?
3. What is your favorite thing to do that is not crafting/sewing?
4. Would you rather have an assistant to help you or more time to do your crafting? More time as in if you could magically give yourself more time. Which one and why?
5. Where do you see your sewing in ten years?
6. Name five random and interesting facts about you!