Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Google is powering down

Did you read the news?  Google is going to be powering down it's Reader in July.  How sad. I love seeing Reader on my Google homepage and scrolling quickly through the blogs I subscribe to.  Google does plan to shut down iGoogle in November, so perhaps this is just part of the plan. I don't get how shutting down two of it's services so many people enjoy is a good business decision. This is just going to drive me away from Google! Oh well.

In the meantime, I am going to start transferring all my blog subscriptions over to Bloglovin.  Click here to check it out.


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

In other news, my whole family is sick this week and so I have not put together more pattern designer interviews. But they are forthcoming. As soon as I feel better. 





2 comments:


  1. since I posted this, I found some great alternatives. I am now trying out Netvibes. More here:

    http://lifehacker.com/5990456/google-reader-is-getting-shut-down-here-are-the-best-alternatives

    http://www.netvibes.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing the alternatives, Kathy. When I get some time, I'll check them out.:)

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete