1. When did you start designing patterns and how did it come about?
2. What training do you have or how did you learn?
3. What is the process of designing a new pattern like?
4. What is the hardest part about designing a pattern in pdf form?
5. What is your favorite of your patterns and why?
6. Do you sew for your own family or for sale? What do you prefer more, sewing or pattern design, and why?
7. Have you learned anything from feedback from customers that you would like to share with other designers or wanna-be designers?
for American Girl and Bitty Baby 15" 18" dolls
8. Best time and place to design?
Any time! But seriously, around here it's mornings because my youngest is home in the afternoons.
9. Favorite fabric of all time?
Amy Butler's Love line. I'm all out! My favorite two pieces are Memento Midnight and Bliss Bouquet in teal. I wallpapered my laundry room in Water Bouquet in Midnight. My husband claims it burns his retinas so he can't go in there any more. ha ha
10. Favorite thing to do for fun?
Going out to eat with my husband, a board game with my kids (especially rummikub), running also with my husband, playing tennis, reading. All great things I have to take a break and do from time to time!
Stay tuned for a few more pattern designer interviews to come.......